MOUNT Gambier district residents are urged to be vigilant amid revelations a person affected with the coronavirus attended a wedding late last week at OB Flat.
It is also understood a Coonawarra winery staff member, also confirmed with COVID-19, could have potentially affected people on tour groups and visitors flowing through the cellar door.
The Commercial Hotel Bottleshop has also closed for 14 days amid fears a staff member had been indirectly exposed to a COVID-19 confirmed case.
Health authorities revealed there were no new cases of COVID-19 in the Limestone Coast late yesterday afternoon with the overall regional tally remaining at four cases.
Two of these cases have been reported in the Blue Lake city.
Health officials have also revealed none of new cases – who were confirmed with the COVID-19 – had been hospitalised and they were now self-isolating and being monitored.
“None of the new cases are linked and all but one is related to travel,” according to regional health authorities.
In a public alert issued by The Apple Farm yesterday, management revealed a person who attended a wedding at the venue on Friday had tested positive to COVID-19.
“We have immediately notified staff and The Apple farm has made the decision to self-isolate,” the statement said.
“The Apple Farm was already following social distancing and spacing regulations and we were not sharing a closed confined space.
“We understand that any people who were in close contact with the person have already been notified and any other people considered at risk will be notified directly by government officials.”
Limestone Coast Local Health Network governing board chair Grant King said testing of potential cases continued across the region.
“The most recent three cases are not linked to the first case announced earlier this week,” Mr King said.
The Communicable Disease Authorities routinely follow up and advise all known contacts of any confirmed cases so that people can undertake the appropriate checking, advice and precautionary measures, which may include self-isolation for the period of 14 days.
“I trust that you will understand that specific details as to the identity or location of any known cases, will not be made available, so as to retain the privacy of those people and to avoid raising unnecessary anxiety in specific areas,” Mr King said.
But he said if there were potential risks to people associated with known cases, they would be notified.
“I want to alert the Limestone Coast community to the risks we face with COVID-19 and I can assure the community that we will maintain regular updates and information specific to the regional situation,” Mr King said.
“Those updates will include reference to current measures being put in place regionally and those recommended by Government and Health leaders, to continue to fight the spread of this disease.”
While not wanting to speculate whether confirmed COVID-19 numbers would climb, the regional health leader reiterated the strong messages around “social distancing, hand hygiene and the measures” introduced by governments to restrict a range of businesses, activities and events.
Mr King said this aimed to bring the “numbers under control”.
He said the number of people in self-isolation in the region was not available, but this was a “matter” for the Communicable Disease Authorities.
“We hope all people required to self-isolate are being responsible and doing it to the fullest extent,” Mr King warned.
“Some changes are being made at our hospital and aged care sites and yesterday in line with announcements made by the Prime Minister, category two and three surgeries (visiting and elective) will cease for the time being.
“We need to ensure that adequate capacity is retained to meet any unexpected or increased demands on the healthcare system.”