Get the latest news to your email inbox FREE!

REGISTER

Get the latest news to your email inbox FREE!

REGISTER
HomeLocal NewsAdditional services for Millicent hospital

Additional services for Millicent hospital

MORE services are being introduced at the Millicent and District Hospital and Health Service with the appointment of a new consultant gynaecologist.

The consultant will offer both an operating and consulting service in Millicent on a monthly basis, including consulting with outpatients one day per month.

The additional service, which started this week, provides an increase to the one day per month existing service provided by another consultant, with a total of two theatre lists per month.

Millicent Hospital executive officer/director of nursing Michelle de Wit said all existing medical services and support in the community would be sustained.

Member for MacKillop Nick McBride welcomed the increase in services.

“Regional communities often struggle to access the same specialist services as their city counterparts,” he said.

“It is great to hear that Millicent will receive additional specialist gynaecology services and I congratulate the health minister for addressing this need in the Millicent and surrounding areas.”

In last week’s sitting of parliament, Health Minister Stephen Wade replied to a question from Labor MLC Clare Scriven in relation to services at the hospital.

Mr Wade told the house a new general practitioner contract was in place for a two-year period, with an option to extend for a further two years.

He said the new contract would ensure the sustainability of on-site emergency and inpatient services to the Millicent community.

Digital Edition
Subscribe

Get an all ACCESS PASS to the News and your Digital Edition with an online subscription

Hear to Entertain across the region

Friday, February 20 Dave Blackett, The Commercial Hotel, Mount Gambier/Berrin, 8pm Macey Singles Launch, TV Therapy, Stonewalls, The Bellum Hotel, Mount Schank, 8.30pm Daniel Formosa + Imahgen...
More News

Southern Ports tennis continues through summer

WITH a range of social events across the Limestone Coast, team captains of the Southern Ports Tennis Association managed to muster some teams for...

LSEBA Round 16 holds mixed results

THE Lower South East Bowls Association played Round 16 to a range of mixed results spread through the three divisions last weekend. In Division 1,...

Good News for You: Communication – on the grow

Unshaken, and not stirred, James Bond calmly ignored the increasing tension and reached for his car phone, which briefly stole the show and made...

Long distance fight for justice

A Canadian woman who was groomed online by a Naracoorte man as a teenager is now fighting for change, as her perpetrator lives his...

Naracoorte Caves promise

THE Naracoorte Caves will receive a massive cash injection should the state's Liberal Party be successful next month. The Liberal Party has announced it...

Anglers on a roll this summer

A pleasant weekend of weather in the south east allowed plenty of anglers the opportunity to wet a line and between the sea, the...

Centrals overpower Federals in tough clash

CENTRAL'S Division 1 offence exploded for 16 runs last Friday, burying Federals in a lop-sided road victory. The visitors came out swinging from the very...

MGDTA reclaim Baker and Ey Shields

THE Mount Gambier District Tennis Association (MGDTA) have reclaimed the Baker and Ey Shields in the interleague competition against the Southern Ports Tennis Association...

Concordes White take out Concordes United

IN the final Valentine’s Day clash of the round, the Concordes sister sides went head-to-head for end-of-season bragging rights at least until they meet...

Bandits get it done against Demons

IN a cracking game between top of the ladder Demons and Bandits, the crowd had an exciting game to watch. After a tight few...