Tarpeena house gutted in blaze

FIREFIGHTERS managed to stop a fire spreading from one Tarpeena home to another in the early hours of yesterday morning.

Damage to the value of around $100,000 was caused to an Arthur Street residence before firefighters extinguished the flames.

The fire was reported to the Country Fire Service at around 2.40am with units from Tarpeena, Wandillo and Nangwarry responding soon afterwards.

Mount Gambier CFS operations captain Bob Davis yesterday said no one was home at the time.

“Neighbours alerted the CFS to the blaze and on their arrival firefighters managed to prevent flames from spreading


Leave a Reply