Get the latest news to your email inbox FREE!

REGISTER

Get the latest news to your email inbox FREE!

REGISTER
HomeLocal NewsMillicent millionare mystery

Millicent millionare mystery

Smith Hann   TBW Newsgroup
WINNERS ARE GRINNERS: Millicent Newsagency shop assistant Cindy Hann and co-proprietor Barb Smith are thrilled about the instant millionaire status of one of their lucky customers. Picture: J.L. “FRED” SMITH

A MILLICENT business made one of its customers an instant millionaire last week and everyone wants to know their identity.

Millicent Newsagency co-proprietor Barb Smith said it had been the main topic of conservation after her Glen Street shop sold a winning Wednesday X Lotto entry ticket worth a “cool million”.
“Has anyone come forward is all my customers want to know,” Ms Smith said.

“We got notified on Thursday morning we had sold the winning ticket but it has not yet been claimed.

“No one has yet come forward to claim the prize”.

The newsagency has sold a few winning tickets valued in the seven figure range in the past decade, with the highest worth $2.4m in 2016.

Her business sells hundreds of X Lotto and related products each week with numbers rising for mega-draws.

The latest winning ticket is unregistered, so SA Lotteries officials have no way of contacting the winner with the life-changing news and have to wait for them to come forward to claim their prize.

SA Lotteries spokesperson Bronwyn Spencer said Millicent’s newest millionaire could be walking around with the winning ticket in their pocket and not even know it.

“There are a million reasons why X Lotto players from Millicent should check their tickets today” she said.

“Imagine how your plans may change once you discover you are now a millionaire.

“You may not think it’s possible that you could be the division one winner we’re searching for, but if you purchased an unregistered entry in the X Lotto draw that you have not checked yet, you’re in with a chance.

“We’re urging all X Lotto players to check their entries as soon as possible and if you discover you are holding the division one winning ticket to contact SA Lotteries on 131 868 to begin the process of claiming your prize.”

The winning numbers in X Lotto draw 3855 on Wednesday were 6, 14, 20, 18, 25 and 5, while the supplementary numbers were 35 and 41.

Winning of major X-Lotto prizes are relatively rare in Millicent and the holders of most successful entries prefer to stay anonymous.

There was an exception around 20 years ago when Kingston businessman Cyril Wilks (now deceased) identified himself as the winner of a $1.13m prize.

His lucky ticket had been purchased from the Busy Bee Deli which formerly traded in George Street and is now vacant.

Digital Edition
Subscribe

Get an all ACCESS PASS to the News and your Digital Edition with an online subscription

BESS project location rejection

THE District Council of Grant has formally opposed the location of a battery energy storage system (BESS). Elected members discussed at large its stance...

Turner awarded

More News

Precision and compliance

AllBuildSA knows that precision matters when it comes to disability housing, which is why they deliver specialist, NDIS-compliant home modifications designed to support clinical...

Vic and SA to clash in epic showdown

Familiar football faces will get their boots back onto home soil as Glenelg Football Club (SANFL) and Coburg Football Club (VFL) bring a major...

Help ID mystery photo

MOUNT Gambier History Group is hoping locals can help name people in a large number of photos. By the looks, this photo was taken at...

Silas a winner

This week 28 players took part in the Millicent Bowls Club 2-4-2 game. The winning team for this week was John Silas from the...

Branxholme rodeo mega pic gallery

THE 12th Branxholme Rodeo has put on a top show for its spectators with riders coming from South Australia, and New South Wales to...

Pentanque tournament a hit

More than 60 teams attended the 24th Annual “Coonawarra Vignerons Classic Clash” Petanque Tournament held over the 14 and 15 February and despite the...

Trophy goes to Harkness and Coperman

At Robe the weather was fine and the field was 82. In First Div the very predictable local, Gordie Fleming won with 36 points,...

Candidate questions

Each week SA Today has posed questions to current candidates for the seat of MacKillop . This week's question was around coastal erosion and infrastructure...

Victory for Varcoe pair

On Sunday the 15 February, 12 couples took part in the Annual Mixed Pairs competition. Each game, including the Grand Final, was played over...

Honour the role of women in the country

A fifth-generation sheep farmer, an occupational therapist, an agtech entrepreneur and a country vet are the 2026 Victorian AgriFutures Rural Women’s Award finalists. The award...