Get the latest news to your email inbox FREE!

REGISTER

Get the latest news to your email inbox FREE!

REGISTER
HomeLocal NewsMillicent women to face magistrate over assault

Millicent women to face magistrate over assault

A MILLICENT woman who slapped a Children Protections Department officer across the face during a visitation with her children claims she has no recollection of the incident occurring.

The 45-year-old appeared before the Magistrates Court last week and pleaded guilty to assault.

On October 2 it is alleged the defendant was visiting her three daughters at a playground in Millicent under the supervision of the victim.

Prosecution said the defendant’s ex-partner arrived at the playground “a few minutes early” to his own visitation, which followed that of the defendant’s.

It is alleged the defendant asked her ex-partner and the victim to “get her girls a drink of water”.

The victim informed the defendant there was drinking water located nearby.

The defendant then started verbally abusing the victim before slapping her across the face – leaning across her child to do so.

The victim held off calling police in fear of the incident escalating and instead contacted the defendant’s mother.

As a consequence of the assault her face, jaw and neck were sore for a number of days.

Police were eventually contacted and a report was raised, however when the defendant was interviewed by police she denied the access visit and the assault.

She told police “the department of paedophiles” were making up stories as she was due to appear before court.

Prosecution said the defendant also claimed she received a letter from “the department of paedophiles”, which a social worker told her to shred up.

Magistrate Anderson said the defendant’s behaviour was “very unusual” and ordered the paperwork from a psychiatric review.

“I need to a lot more information than we currently have,” she said.

The matter was adjourned and the defendant will appear before the Millicent Magistrates Court next month.

Digital Edition
Subscribe

Get an all ACCESS PASS to the News and your Digital Edition with an online subscription

Branxholme rodeo mega pic gallery

THE 12th Branxholme Rodeo has put on a top show for its spectators with riders coming from South Australia, and New South Wales to...

Candidate questions

More News

Trophy goes to Harkness and Coperman

At Robe the weather was fine and the field was 82. In First Div the very predictable local, Gordie Fleming won with 36 points,...

Candidate questions

Each week SA Today has posed questions to current candidates for the seat of MacKillop . This week's question was around coastal erosion and infrastructure...

Victory for Varcoe pair

On Sunday the 15 February, 12 couples took part in the Annual Mixed Pairs competition. Each game, including the Grand Final, was played over...

Honour the role of women in the country

A fifth-generation sheep farmer, an occupational therapist, an agtech entrepreneur and a country vet are the 2026 Victorian AgriFutures Rural Women’s Award finalists. The award...

Hear to Entertain across the region

Friday, February 20 Dave Blackett, The Commercial Hotel, Mount Gambier/Berrin, 8pm Macey Singles Launch, TV Therapy, Stonewalls, The Bellum Hotel, Mount Schank, 8.30pm Daniel Formosa + Imahgen...

Enviable winning strike rates

ANY jockey who can have a winning strike rate around the 30 per cent mark would take that any time of the week. The...

Southern Ports tennis continues through summer

WITH a range of social events across the Limestone Coast, team captains of the Southern Ports Tennis Association managed to muster some teams for...

LSEBA Round 16 holds mixed results

THE Lower South East Bowls Association played Round 16 to a range of mixed results spread through the three divisions last weekend. In Division 1,...

Good News for You: Communication – on the grow

Unshaken, and not stirred, James Bond calmly ignored the increasing tension and reached for his car phone, which briefly stole the show and made...

Long distance fight for justice

A Canadian woman who was groomed online by a Naracoorte man as a teenager is now fighting for change, as her perpetrator lives his...