Oily clothing cooks dryer

CLOTHING covered in cooking oil spontaneously combusted in a dryer at a local laundromat on Saturday evening, sparking a fire that caused more than $25,000 damage.

Mount Gambier Metropolitan Fire Service (MFS) firefighters responded swiftly at the premises on Commercial Street East at around 6.15pm after receiving several 000 calls.

Two MFS units carrying around nine firefighters attended the scene to find a fire that had started in a dryer.

The MFS said two firefighters with breathing apparatus were required to extinguish the blaze.

“Two firefighters in breathing apparatus, with a high pressure line and a carbon dioxide extinguisher, were able to extinguish the

OR
OR

Leave a Reply